As of the 1st of November 2006 American Express Pearlsard were the exclusive representative in Zimbabwe for American Express Travel Services. American Express looked closely at the Zimbabwean market and felt that American Express Pearlsard’s values and high level of customer service closely fitted with the American Express values and standards.
American Express Pearlsard is supported by American Express South Africa, who are part of Tourvest, a South African listed company which is:-
- Southern Africa’s pre-eminent tourism group
- Partners leading travel and tourism entrepreneurs and brands
- Operates in both the inbound and outbound markets
- Listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in April 1997
To be the dominant and best respected, integrated tourism group in sub-Saharan Africa achieved by:
- Being number one in South Africa
- Developing world-class businesses
- Owning, developing and operating key strategic assets in Africa
- Establishing successful beachheads (strongholds) in key markets
- Building sufficient strength to secure win-win relationships
- Continuously investing in partnerships and technology
- Building long-term relationships with travelers through the integration of products, services and databases
Since its founding in 1850, American Express has conducted business according to several guiding principles that over the years have become inextricably linked with the company’s brand, products, services and – perhaps most notably – its people. Many of American Express Pearlsard’s values mirror those of American Express.
Generations before the phrase “company values” entered the corporate lexicon, American Express employees across the organization were demonstrating the same core principles upheld by the company today: